Yes, I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can find his way by moonlight,

and see the dawn before the rest of the world. ~Oscar Wilde~

madhouse ~ a disorderly, often noisy place.


a wild, confused, & often noisy place, set of circumstances, etc.: The office was a madhouse today.


Monday, October 1, 2012

My Homes and their Interiors (Okay so I'm Dreaming ... )



At first thought it looks as though I'm dedicated to the spooky and the kooky (well kooky perhaps but not so much the spooky!). Old homes, mansions and buildings that have been left to be for so long do create that uneasy feeling of doom and gloom - even death. If you can look past that first impression and see the inner beauty of what once was you can just imagine the glory of dressing the interiors to their full potential. Yes, okay I do love the mix of baroque, old french, steam punk, bohemian, gypsy, theatrical, burlesque, moulin, victorian/edwardian gothicness (and more) of it all which to some may seem macabre but for me it's more eccentric art of pieces blended together to create (my) fairytale existence. 

In some rooms you will see brightness created with a mix of shabby but feminine quirkiness and that of course works so well. There is so much character that your eyes envelope every nook and corner wondering what they will find next - how magical.

I would love to find an old castle (obviously one that is not haunted) and create my own little sanctuary of bliss. I dream of the day that this will come to fruition with my desire to dress the same - outlandish costumes of the bygone era that will draw attention to those of the creative art and who will respect.

The gloriousness of tassels, velvet and lace, chandeliers, weathered furniture, candles, old paint, tarnished floorboards, wrought iron and lashings of old fabric are all the tone for my vision of what's historically correct. 










































Images courtesy of http://interioralchemy.tumblr.com


No comments:

Post a Comment


To return to Blog HOMEPAGE please click on 'Home' tab above this image